KVC Constructors Commences Construction on Frank Gehry-Designed Miami Beach Parking Facility
Scott Rakow Youth Center Undergoes Renovation
KVC can provide Construction Management (CM) services “At Risk” or “As Agent for the Owner”. The CM method of contracting construction services provides the Client with a more open book approach. In the CM at Risk form of agreement, the client typically will share in any savings accrued through the execution phase of the contract while enjoying the benefits of a GMP (Guaranteed Maximum Price). In the CM as Agent for the Owner form of agreement, the client can exercise more control over subcontractor and supplier selection since it is the client who will enter into agreements with individual subcontractors who will be managed by the Construction Manager. In this methodology, the CM is working on a fee basis and there are fewer guarantees with respect to project cost and schedule, however, all project savings would typically accrue to the Client.
The CM methodology offers enhanced opportunity to fast track projects where quick delivery is critical.
KVC’s CM services include:
- Pre-Construction Services
- One of the most important advantages of the CM method of contracting is the early involvement of the Contractor in the design process. By involving the CM in the earliest stages of design, the client can enjoy the added benefits of contractor input to constructability and site logistics issues, schedule impact of design decisions, preliminary estimates, incorporating value engineering into the project documents earlier reducing the need for later drawing revisions and the associated expense, and most importantly creating an environment where the designer and the builder are both signed on to the design and construction process and the expected outcomes.
- Constructability and Site Logistics Reviews at every step of the design process
- Team with the client, and project designers to review the scope of the project, analyze material, equipment and method selections and their impact on project budget and schedule, and life cycle cost.
- Document reviews at critical stages of document development and provide order of magnitude, budget and GMP estimates with proposed Value Engineering.
- Prequalification of Subcontractors and vendors to ensure quality and timely delivery.
- Project scheduling
- Assistance in Permitting Process
- Monitor and Coordinate Construction
- Manage and Report Progress to the level of detail required by the client
- Schedule, Cost & Quality Control
- Safety Program Implementation and Enforcement
- Payment Review & Processing
- Close-Out Documentation and coordination of warranties
- Unmatched principal involvement in your project